Step by Step NDIS
1. Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the NDIS you must;
- Live in Australia and have Australian residency
- Be under 65 years of age
- Have a permanent and lifelong disability
- Be a child under 6 with a developmental delay
To check your eligibility online go to www.ndis.gov.au or call our team and we will walk you through the process.
2. Getting to know YOU
We take the time to plan your NDIS package by understanding who you are. Our experienced and diverse team help you get the best when it comes to your support, goals, funding and aspirations.
3. Planning for your plan
The Local Area Co-ordinator (in our regions this is Uniting) will help you develop your plan. We offer Support Coordination and Financial Plan management at CareSouth, along with Clinical Services and Community Participation. The right answers, at the right time will help you get the best outcome for you.
4. Managing and paying for your supports
There are four options on how to manage your NDIS plan budget;
- Self-managed - the NDIS pay you directly, more info available on the NDIS website
- Agency-managed budgets - The NDIS will manage your package and pay providers directly. All providers have to be registered with the NDIA
- Plan management Provider-managed budgets - CareSouth would act as your plan manager with the NDIS paying us directly. We would then allocate the money to your services and supports. The money allocated for this is separate to your plan so it's doesn't affect your budget
- Automated transport payments - These can be set up through the NDIS so they are paid automatically. Not all plans will have a transport budget so it's best to check with the NDIA about your own personal plan
5. Your Plan, your choice
The great thing about the NDIS is that it's flexible and all about you. It is no longer about an individual fitting into a box, it's more about tailor-made supports. You can ask for a different support worker if you aren't happy with your current one. If you don't like a service that is being provided to you, you can give 4 weeks notice and cease the support. You're in control.
6. Living a BOLD Life - the best it can be
The NDIS is designed to make your life the best it can be. CareSouth offer a varied and extensive service in the Disability area and to helping you get the results you want.